1) Silicon Valley : Verilog based technical event which tests the participants zeal and knowledge in electronics and electrical engineering.
Venue: TW3-GF 1,2 and lab Date: 10th-11th Number of Attendees: 100
2) Simulate One, Complete One : This one is for all the hardware enthusiasts. The participants would need to implement hardware using the simulation software.
Venue: TW3-GF 1,2 and lab Date: 10th-11th Number of Attendees: 100
3) IC Art : This event will test the technical skills of the participants. It is going to be an open hardware challenge.
Venue: Juice Corner Pavement Date: 11th-12th Number of Attendees: 70-80
4) Vision Of Sauron : This event will test the image processing skills of the participants. They can use any mathematical operation by using any form of signal processing.
Venue: TW4 GF1 and lab Date: 10th-11th Number of Attendees: 30
5) Eureka (Research Paper): In this event, the participants can present in their research papers and the best research paper according to the criteria set by the judges will be awarded.
Venue: Senate Hall and SPS-13 Date: 10th – 11th Number of Attendees: 60
6) Botzilla (Robot War): Two robots will be allowed to battle with each other and the victorious one will be awarded. Various rounds will be kept to test the skills.
Venue: Mini OAT Date: 10th Feb Number of Attendees: 100
7) Fast’17 (Robot Race): This event will test the technical skills of the robot designed by the participants. The tasks will be assigned by the judges and the robots would need to complete the task in a limited duration.
Venue: OAT Date: 10th Feb Number of Attendees: 300
8) Bend it like Asimov (Robot Soccer): Participants would need to bring their robot marvel to battle it out for the ultimate glory. As the name states, the event would be a manual Robot’s Soccer challenge where aim to find the champion soccer in Robotics.
Venue: Mech Lawn 2 (Opp. Juice Pavement) Date: 10th-11th Number of Attendees: 250
9) Follow Me (LFR): It will test the skills of the robot to follow a given track and complete it in the minimum time possible.
Venue: Big V, TW2-GF 1,2 Date: 10th Feb Number of Attendees: 100
10) Bomb Barrage : An event where competitors have to race against time and defuse an explosive.
Venue: Mech Lawn 2 (Opp. Juice Pavement) Date: 11th Feb Number of Attendees: 70
11) Quidditch: Event based on famous fictional series, Harry Potter, and will host a competition between drones.
Venue: OAT Date: 10th Feb Number of Attendees: 100
12) Chasing a Mirage: A mind challenging game in which the participants would need to negotiate the laser beams without breaking them and reach the destination. It will be a time based event.
Venue: TW3-FF 1,2 Date: 10th-12th Number of Attendees: 500
13) Mock Stock: This event shall have an unreal stock market and people will compete earn the most out of it.
Venue: SPS 13,14 Date: 10th-11th Number of Attendees: 350
14) Quizzards: An event where people will have to solve a quiz provided to them by the organisers within the given time frame.
Venue: Expo Hall, Smart Classroom L1, TW3-GF 1,2 Date: 10th-12th Number of Attendees: 300
15) Code Safari An event for all individuals with relevant skills and interest in coding activities.
Venue: Computer Centre Date: 10th-12th Number of Attendees: 300
Venue: Computer Centre Date: 10th -12th Number of Attendees: 250
17) Crack the Company: Mock placement scenario where people will be tested on the basis of their communication, technical and other skills.
Venue: Expo, CC, L1, 304, Senate Date: 11th Feb Number of Attendees: 300
18) Tech Hunt: Treasure hunt based on clues, further based on technical fundamentals, happenings etc.
Venue: Mini OAT, OAT Date: 10th Feb Number of Attendees: 120
19) Creating Talks: A guest speaker introduces various technical terms and techniques and explains their utility
Venue: B.R. Auditorium Date: 11th Feb Number of Attendees: 600-800
20) Switch Code: - Cook your own code and have a taste of what your teammate has made for you. Provided with a desired output, you and your teammate will code alternatively by switching on each intermittent sound of the buzzer.
In this event one member of the team writes a code in a certain amount of time and then his team mate takes up the code and tries to complete the remaining code written by his team mate. Teams were not given any break in between the switches. This event also required a prior coding skills as well as good team work to be able perform well in this event.
The event witnessed a total participation of 32 teams and the event took place in two parts: Prelims on 10/02/17 and Finals on 11/02/17.
21) 3 Lines of Code : - Three lines of code is an exigent event that was held to challenge the spontaneity and flare in debugging and problem solving of the participants. Problem solving involved modifying the highlighted three lines of the code or arranging the given modules or segments of program under time pressure and make the program work. This event required a prior coding knowledge and people not knowing coding could not participate.
The event witnessed a total participation of 40 people and the event took place in two parts: Prelims on 10/02/17 and Finals on 11/02/17.
22) ALCHEMIST is the technical paper presentation event of TATVA. The event aspires to encourage, identify and acknowledge new research done by students and academicians alike and to inspire students to pursue more research initiatives in the field of Polymer Science and Chemical Technology. It allows researchers to showcase their new research and to bask in the deserved recognition. Alchemist has been a center of attraction for budding technocrats and research academicians for a long time.
23) XYLOMANCY is the case study event of TATVA. The event is based upon management and case solving abilities. Participants are given a few case studies and are expected to find the best Business Strategy or Solution in the given limited time frame. Failing to do so leads to elimination. This event intends to improve the business-oriented analytical skills of the various participants and to improve their understanding of management-related applications in the real world.
24) CONFLUENCE the Annual Technical Seminar of TATVA, is conducted every year and intends to bring together the industry’s pioneers, scientists, researchers and students. A lecture series is conducted where these learned academicians enlighten students about the technical and industrial scope of polymer science & chemical technology. By unleashing their knowledge in the field, these experts provide the students with valuable insights regarding this area of science and engineering.
25) Stratazenith in DTU Techfest in February 2017 with prizes worth Rs. 5000 by
26) Blind Typing: - It was a non-tech event which tests the typing speed and accuracy (no of errors) of participants. The first round tested the participant’s speed in which they were asked to type a text in a time limit of 1 minute and the participants typing the maximum number of correct words were eligible for the next round. The next round involved the same activity but the difference was that the monitor was shut off for the participants and they were asked to type the text given to them. This was a non tech event in which anyone can participate.
The event witnessed a total participation of 80 people and the event took place in two parts: Prelims on 10/02/17 and Finals on 11/02/17.